op 5 Ways to Prevent Yourself from Becoming a Victim of Crime
Top 5 Ways to Prevent Yourself from Becoming a Victim of Crime
With so many emails, messages and alerts we receive daily through social media and the internet, it is difficult to know where to look, what to be suspicious of and most importantly how to protect ourselves.
Over 7 years of patrolling, monitoring and protecting the suburbs of Johannesburg, CAP has seen time and time again how the same errors result in people falling victim to crime.
CAP would like to inform you of the top 5 ways of preventing yourself from becoming a victim:
- Check that the physical security of your property is sound. Ensure that your perimeter is reinforced and that the electric fence is working.
- Public Space Awareness – Carrying valuables (e.g. cash, jewellery) makes you a target for criminals. Avoid wearing flashy jewellery, carrying large sums of cash and use proper cash management methods.
- DO NOT LEAVE the driveway gate open unnecessarily. Close the gate immediately after you have entered or exited the driveway.
- Scan your surroundings for any vehicles following you. Especially when leaving a shopping centre or after visiting a bank.
- Be wary of all types of vehicles with 2 or more males inside. Suspect Motor Vehicles are often high-end, expensive and fast vehicles that are effective in fleeing a scene. These vehicles also blend into the environment more easily and therefore appear to be less suspicious.
CAP is there to respond to any of your concerns no matter how minor! Call CAP on 086 18 000 18. Remember more calls equals less crime!
A public meeting will be held at Emmarentia Primary on 18th March at 18:30 for residents interested in finding out more about the CAP solution.
For more information or for any queries:
Call: 0860 332 332